GUIDE CREDITS: POPULAR
Hello! So you're probably wondering what this guide is for, and I'll be here to explain. So you sign up for Icepets and later on finish the dragon quests, you sit down looking at your screen thinking: so whats next? Instead of getting bored and opening facebook or etc.., I've decided to make a guide for new users to help them enjoy the full Icepets experience :) Here are a few mini guides to having fun on the site.
New Users guide #1: Rules to icepets FOR survival and peace
1. Rules - If you want to survive and keep peace on Icepets, the most important thing you need to do is follow the Board Rules and Terms and Conditions to Icepets while you play, and yes I know you're probably like: Who reads the terms and conditions?!? I'll break down what the rules are on Icepets for those that aren't planning on reading it.
-You can only have 1 account (No side accounts)
-5 accounts made per IP adress
-No offensive language used in your messages, posts, preferences, and pet names
-Stay on topic in the boards
-Don't talk about banned users
-NO promoting other pet sites
-No cheating or hacking the site (If you find a security flaw tell a Icepets team member, not your friends, do not take advantage of them.
-Spamming/Misuse of Pinging @____
-Don't share personal stuff: Passwords etc... Posting things like photos of yourself is not recommended, do so at your own risk
-Respect other users (No bullying)
-Terms and Conditions may be modified without notice so :P
2. Avoid Being Scammed - So now that you have the rules stuff dealt with, I would just like to make this clear that everyone on icepets is friendly! Though incidents of older users scamming newer users do happen sometimes. :( I've seen newer users sell 1k IC coins for 100k because of false price checks and offers which is very bad considering they're worth 750k - 1mil. To avoid being scammed, first search your item on Shop Searcher, prices on there are always correct if there are multiples at around the same price, if there are only one of the item, the price is usually correct, if your item is not listed on there, always ask for price checks from multiple users using message or boards before selling them. I'm not saying the price a user tells you is the price you need to sell it at, you can sell at your own price, though keep in mind that if you sell it for more it's harder to sell, if you sell it for less you earn less IP.
3. Make Friends - If you're shy then welcome to my world! I am a very shy person but I broke out of my shell for the sake of friends :D Making friends is a great benefit for you on Icepets, because you can trust them with giving you PC's, helping you find and sell items, who knows. maybe you'll make your best friend on Icepets! Just know that they're good not bad haha.
4. Be Nice and humble - You're probably looking at this like "Uhh I am nice and humble what are you talking about" yes it's true you are nice and humble ^^ but let me elaborate on my definition, to keep peace on Icepets you need to know where the limits are at for example if you were to debate on how much an item costs, going across the line would be to get mad. Yes it can be frustrating but if you get in a situation where you're literally yelling in your head while typing your reply, sit down and think on how this is affecting others and honestly do not forget that if you're yelling at someone in the boards everyone can see your posts. Another tip is not to be cocky! If you become super rich or obtain an extremely expensive item I do not recommend you to make boards titled with anything similar to e.g.: "BUYING WITH 6000 MILLION IP, MORE IP ON THE WAY" and "SELLING SUPER EXPENSIVE ITEMS, ONLY FOR USERS WITH LOTS OF IP" (These aren't based on actual boards though some may be similar I don't know :P) Though if you do, think of what other users will think of you I mean yea we are nice people but if you're trying to celebrate something and you tell us how much IP or that you have a lot of IP in every post you have written or etc.. users with less IP will feel that you're bragging. If you finish a big milestone maybe put it in your profile e.g. Goals: 1000 MIL IP in Bank (Achieved), would be a good way to tell people without going overboard or putting a board that says SELLING:__________ and in the first post write: 9MIL for ______ Plushie.
5. Icepets is family - Icepets is sort of like a family so you should always feel welcome! If you are feeling lonely please drop me a message :) @Popular.